Universal dynamic LDAP server
Universal dynamic LDAP server extends capabilities of Aleph® integrated library system to serve as LDAP source for patron directory authentication and authorization in any LDAP-compliant application, including EZproxy and Shibboleth Identity Provider.
- utilizes X-services (X-server) as integral part of ALEPH ILS
- supports any LDAP-compatible application (EZproxy and other proxy solutions, Shibboleth Identity Provider, print queue services, ...)
- secure protocols (LDAPS/HTTPS) and user-defined logging are used for securing authentication process
- user credentials are secured: user name is stored in LDAP directory only temporarily and user password is never stored
- data for authentication processing purposes are
- newly created patron accounts are available immediately
- updated patron accounts (eg. paid charges) are re-enabled immediately
- deleted accounts are disabled immediately
- user-defined mid-layer filter supports creating of custom authorization rules per each application, according to its specific needs
- standard LDAP schema definitions (inetOrgPerson, eduPerson) and their attributes are supported
Contact us for further information.